Monday, February 25, 2008

Zoobic Safari

It has been another busy yet happy weekend for me. Yesterday, my teammates in Lawson together with 3 expats went to Zoobic Safari in Subic and had close encounter with wild animals including Tigers!

Met the gang at 7am in Jollibee Munoz. Franz, Ella, Patti, Alane and Joelyn were in a van while Jule, Girlie, J-Ann and me was in Jule's car. We left Manila at 7:30 and reached Zoobic Safari at exactly 10:00 am. I really enjoy first-time trips specially when no one knows how to get to the place and all we have is a map hehehehe... I enjoy watching signs, people walking along the roads, deciding which path to take on crossroads.. I enjoy the excitement these things bring.


Me, J-Ann, Girlie and Jule

We started the tour with an introduction from a Zoobic Safari staff about the place, the sections that we were going to visit and some rules and regulations. Afterwards, a short animal show was presented with audience participation. Franz and Alane were part of it.


Then, we walked around the Serpentarium/Zoobic Park and met different kinds of wild and not-so wild animals.

*sorry, I forgot the names of the other 3 species... :D

Albino Python

Panda Bear

The highlight of this adventure was the very close encounter with Tigers! How close was it? Just check out these pics:


Last stop was at the Savanahh where crocodiles reside and there was a short Aeta show where they performed Dragonfly and Monkey dance.



We had our very late lunch at Aristocrat in Main Gate, Subic. But before that, a misfortune struck us. We were caught by this traffic enforcer turning left in an intersection where 'No Left Turn' is being imposed. We gathered all our powers to persuade this man to just let this thing pass. We didn't see the sign, we were just new in the place, we had foreigner visitors blahh.. blahh.. blahh... But our charms did not work. They issued a ticket to Jule and just told us that we should pay the penalty at the toll gate. I really felt guilty after that incident 'coz I was in the passenger seat and I believed I was half-responsible in keeping an eye on those road signs. I was the one who suggested to Jule to turn left since no traffic lights were present. Stupid me!

Franz checked the 'No Left Turn' sign across and it was indeed there. But what really confused us was why was it located at the right side of the road where it should have been at the left. I am not really an expert in road signs but my common sense tells me that whoever thinks of turning left in any road will always look at the left side, of course (Please correct me if I'm wrong, can someone please enlighten me on this?).

Anyways, I just told myself that this should not ruin my amazing day. After lunch, we went to Nike depot and bought myself a messenger bag at 30% off hehehehe ('yan ang epekto ng mainit ang ulo.. napapagastos! hahahaha...).... J-Ann purchased a gym suit at 50% off, while Girlie bought a pair of gloves 'coz she's planning to go back to the gym.

We are now ready to go home. Kept ourselves awake and busy talking about different stuffs. Showbiz, politics, religion and personal blah.. blah.. blah.. :)





I really had so much fun. Thanks, everyone! :)


*Thanks to Ela and Franz for more pics.. :)



No comments: