Saturday, March 08, 2008

Boracay 2008

About a year and a half ago, I had promised my parents that I would bring them to the most beautiful beach in the world, Boracay! And this year is the perfect time to make it happen because they are celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary. As early as November last year, I already booked a Cebu Pacific flight direct to Caticlan and also reserved a 3D/2N stay in Bans Resort from Feb 29-Mar 2. Time really flies fast....

DAY 1
Time of departure is at 11:15 am. My parents and I arrived at the airport few minutes after 8. It was my decision to come this early because I was expecting a quite number of people since summer is near or almost here and I didn't want to be late. Fortunately (or was it unfortunately?), only a few passengers were there. At 8:30 am, we were already in the pre-departure area and waiting for our flight. 11:15 came and no flight announcement was made. After 20 minutes and still no call from Cebu Pacific, I approached their desk and asked what was wrong with the flight. They said that the flight would be delayed by an hour because the plane was still in Caticlan.. They only had one plane for Manila-Caticlan-Manila route. I was a bit furious because they did not even inform us of the problem. The personnel said that they announced the delay and I said.... NO!!! There was no announcements at all. And then they went to the paging section and made the official announcement. After an hour, the flight was delayed again. I wanted to scream, I wanted to shout at each Cebu Pacific personnel but I just decided to keep it to myself and just hoped that everything would be ok. I couldn't hide my frustration. I wouldn't want to waste a single minute. We will just be staying in Bora for 3 days and it is really a very short time.

To make up for their kapalpakan, they provided us with free lunch and a bunch of souvenirs. But still, they could no longer bring back the lost time. And the cause of delay? This is their inaugural day of Mla-Ctcln-Mla and the pilot had a hard time to land on the runway. Hmmppff! Katwiran ba un? And there, after waiting for almost 5 hours, we finally boarded the plane at 1:15pm. I was not able to take pictures of my parents (with the plane at the background) before boarding because everyone was in a hurry and the excitement had faded.

Arrived at the resort at exactly 4pm and we changed clothes right away hehehehe... may araw pa naman kaya keri pa.. ;)

So love these shots.....





We had our first dinner at Andok's (hehehehe... tipid mode muna...) and went asleep early (around 10pm) 'coz I wasn't feeling well... sobrang hilo.. dunno why.

DAY 2
Woke up at 6am and got ourselves ready for a whole day of adventure. We had breakfast at Andok's (again hehehehe....). Soon afterwards, we had a taste of the morning Boracay sea. I never wanted to miss this so rare opportunity to take photos of myself wearing a new set of red banded bikinis? (hihihihihi....). So just before our scheduled island hopping at 9, I asked my nanay to be my photographer for this photo op (*wink*). No violent reactions pleaseeee.... hehehehe...
We met the bankero at exactly 9am. By the way, it was yesterday when this man approached me and offered island hopping. We closed the deal at 1200php, which I later found out was a bit pricey pala plus the 100php registration fee. The plan was to go to Crystal Cove first , then in Crocodile Island and lastly in Puka Beach to have lunch there. We were accompanied by 3 men, the tour guide, the kapitan and the alalay of the kapitan :). It was my first time in Crystal Cove and the 100-peso entrance fee was all worth it. My tatay and I went down to the first cave with the tour guide, which I called kuya. My nanay was afraid 'coz the stairs were too steep and slippery. Buti na lang marunong si kuya gumamit ng digicam, hehehehe... siya ang kumuha ng mga pictures namin sa cave.

Cave 2 was next. It was only me and kuya who went inside since my parents couldn't pass thru a small passage. To get to the cave 2, you have to do the duck walk and bow your head so low. Though difficult, it was all worth it. Watching the splash of waves hitting the stones, listening the sound it produces were quite an experience. Cave 2 was more dangerous than the first that's why there was a lifeguard just outside the cave holding a salbadida with a long string tied around his waist. The wave could easily get you out of the cave.

getting ready to crawl

see that hole?

pati sa kweba, nag-e-emote... bwehehehe...

Next stop should be in Crocodile Island but since we had no plans to snorkel, we just decided to go to Puka Beach, instead. But kuya told us that it was not safe to go there because the waves were not so friendly. And he was right, it was the scariest boat ride I had experienced!!!! I was like in Anchors Away of Enchanted Kingdom (no exaggeration) for about 10 minutes and it was not a jowk! I could no longer take pictures of the sceneries 'coz I could not even hold my camera. Good thing, we got home safe....... whew!

I was a bit disappointed that we were not able to go to Puka. The food there was great. So, we just had our lunch at 'd mall (forgot the name of the resto) and again, went under the sun at the beach.

We went home at around 4pm, washed ourselves and took a nap. Went outside around 7pm to stroll, buy souvenirs and have dinner na rin. This time, we dined it at Gasthof and ordered the house specialty, Baby Back Ribs and their Gasthof Salad plus Lengua Estofado... yumm.. yumm.... I had henna tattoo pala earlier.


Just before going home, my tatay bought 6 sticks of isaw and 3 sticks of hotdog. I bought them Jonah's shake, Banana Choco for my tatay, Melon something for nanay and for me, Banana Rhum! Bwehehehehe....

DAY 3
This is our last day here so, we headed to the beach as early as 7am for the huling hirit. After more than 2 hours of swimming, sunbathing and picture taking, we already packed our things. Had lunch at Cindy's and bought more souvenirs.

Just as I thought we would be having a smooth fly going back to Manila, another one struck us. We were told by the manager of Cebu Pacific that there would be no more flight available and they would instead bring us (with 7 more peeps), to Kalibo and from there we could take a plane to Manila. The last flight they had in Caticlan was overbooked due to the changes of schedule caused by the delay of runway construction. All I could say was, DAMN! We did not agree of course. It will take us another 2 hours to be in Kalibo and we could not afford to waste time. After a few negotiations, they decided to booked us to Air Philippines.

while waiting for the flight back home......

Good thing about this incident.... we landed at the Centennial Airport...instead in the Domestic Aiport hehehehe... the place was cool... bago kasi e saka kami lang ang mga pasaherong nandun hehehe....feeling tuloy namin galing kami sa ibang bansa :)

So there! Our 3-day vacation in Bora... hoping to be back here..... ssssoooooonnnnnn.... :D






5 comments:

lala said...

hi candy!
lintek! ang sexy mo a!

ang ganda pa rin ng bora :)

candylicious said...

hehehe... sexy ba? idol kasi kita e.. :) musta na?

knottydon said...

natikman mo yun barbecue ng Andok's? oh my god. super sarap tapos may sauce na sweet & spicy. yun lang ang binibili ko sa Andok's lagi sa Bora.

next time, sama-sama tayo mag-Bora.

ang sexy gurl!

candylicious said...

di ako nakabili ng bbq nila pero natikman ko na sya nung una kong punta... and agree ako na super delicious sya.. :) this time, ni-try ko ang sisig nila... yummy din.. hehehe...

looking forward talaga ako na makasama kayo sa Bora... sana mangyari this year noh? one week tayo dun.. bwehehehe... ubusan ng pera hahahahaha!!!!

lalo akong magpapa-sexy nyan... hihihihihi...... thanks, Don!!!! mis yah! mmmmwaaaahhhhh!!!!

Anonymous said...

potah!!!!!!!!! maglaway sila ngayon!!!!!! bwahahahahaha!!!!!!!