Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Diet-ing, the Second Time Around

Two months ago when I started planning to try something new on my diet. A month later, I found a way on how to lighten my food intake without totally giving up my usual cooking. No, I'm not overweight nor underweight, I just wanted to maintain my BMI at a normal level and eventually lose my unwanted fats and tone down my waistline. And so, apart from my weekly workouts, I decided to have a twist on my weekday meals:

Breakfast: Rice + any ulam + Iced Lemon Tea/Fruit Juice/Coke Zero/Iced Milk Tea + Gelatin with fruits (heavy huh!)

I usually prepare my breakfast the night before so I don't have to wake up so early in the morning. In this way, I can still cook my fave dishes: Adobo, Bistek, Kare-Kare, Sinigang na Hipon/Baboy, Picadillo and many many more.

Lunch: Gourmet Sandwich + Water + Any fruits

I'm very proud to say that I make my own Gourmet Sandwiches *wink*: Tuna/Mixed Ham /Sausage/Egg Sandwiches are just some of my tested recipes. I add on cheese, low-fat mayonnaise, mustard, pickles, lettuce, tomato and cucumber.. Yumm-oo!!! Many thanks to Subway and The Sandwich Guy for giving me ideas :)

Dinner: NONE. But if I do starve, I drink milk or a piece of fruit at least 3 hours before bedtime. Sometimes a cup or cereal of oatmeal will do.

But on weekends, no limitations at all... just have to eat a little amount of each dish that I crave for. Making sure that I don't deprive myself of anything :)

Am looking forward to a better me, in months time. :)

No comments: