Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Buy or Not to Buy?

It was March of last year when I bought Posh, hoping that somehow I would eventually learn to use Manual Settings. Most of my friends advised me to buy DSLR instead since it has more features than Canon G10 but, I had no plans to really devote my time on photography. All I wanted to do was to learn the basics and at the same time, own a gadget that is handy and compact. G10 was the perfect answer to my month-long contemplation.

And up to this point, I never regret owning such a wonderful digicam :) She's been to Manila, Boracay, Malaysia and Indonesia... countless gimik nights with friends or just simply shooting the street overlooking from my room.

But, just last week, I've realized that I've never really utilized the use of Posh since I had her. Up until now, all I know about camera is how to turn it on and off, how to switch modes from Beach scene to Indoor to Sunset to Foliage. And there were several occasions when I had to leave her at home because she couldn't fit into my purse :(

There are 3 options that keep playing on my mind though:

1. sell my Canon G10 and buy a new Canon S90; or
2. keep my Canon G10 and buy a cheaper yet fits-into-my-requirements-camera, Canon A495; or
3. stick with my G10 and save money!

If I only had enough budget, I would definitely buy S90, no questions asked! :) But, since I don't have much, I'd rather be practical.... somehow :D

I found quite a number of good reviews about A495 and here are some points that make me want it even more:

* compact and handy

* less than 200sgd

* with good low light feature

* with sufficient selection of auto modes


Isn't it cute? *sigh*

silver?

red?

blue?

No comments: