Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sydney Tower Eye and Skywalk

For the past weeks that I've been strolling along Pitt St., there's no single moment that I did not glance at the Sydney Tower Eye.  I'd been wanting to see the entire Sydney in a panoramic view and most of all, I'd been looking forward to witness the sunset 250++ metres above the ground, something that I haven't experienced before.  So, I really carefully planned my trip up there.


Wednesday, I went straight to Westfield after work to inquire if the slot that I want is still open and yes, it is! :D  And since I'm still 2 hours early, I spent an hour or so taking photos of Sydney at different views and angles.

And finally, the wait is over! :D
There are several sections of the tower but I only visited two, the observation deck and the Skywalk.  The observation deck is an enclosed viewing platform featuring 360-degree view of the city.  You can also find here the souvenir shop and multilingual touchscreens that give information of each area seen from the angle where these screens are located.

There's a 4D short film about Sydney before going up there
That's the Queen Victoria Building
And there is the Skywalk experience where you can walk in an open-air, glass-floored platform that encircles the Sydney Tower Eye.   The view and the experiene are breathtaking.  Enjoy the pics! :)

No comments: