Tuesday, July 04, 2006

IMAX Experience

July 2, 2006 was not an ordinary day:

Agenda #1: Watch Superman Returns with my family at IMAX.
Agenda #2: Get updates from friends about the Mano-a-Mano fight.
Agenda #3: Watch game 7 of PBA semifinal series.

I already had my entry for Agenda #3. Now it's time to talk about our IMAX experience :D.

Woke up at 6 am, took a bath, had a very heavy breakfast (thanks to Kuya for the spaghetti, french fries and clubhouse from Tropical Hut.. yummy....). My nanay and I attended a mass at 8am and met my tatay and kuya after. At exactly 10am, we found ourselves in front of the biggest mall in the Philippines, SM Mall of Asia. Since the screening time is at 12nn, I decided to treat my family to Starbucks first. We had cappucino, cafe americano, hot chocolate, mango juice, cinnamon bread and chocolate banana loaf.. :D Actually, it was the first time for us as a family to had coffee together at Starbucks, sweet... ;).

At 11:30 am, I bought popcorn, peanuts and drinks (baon namin.. :P) and we went straight to the cinema lobby. To our surprise, due to technical problems encountered (again!), the 12nn sked was moved to 1:30. Grrr!!!
Mabuti na lang maganda ung couch sa lobby... at least komportable kaming naghihintay... :D. While waiting, Pau was updating me of the Pacquiao-Larios fight. As expected, Pacquiao won by a unanimous decision.

Couldn't hide my excitement when an usher announced that we could get inside the moviehouse na. And in just a few minutes, movie trailers of Antz, Happy Feet and T-Rex in 3D were shown. Hehehehehe... para kaming mga bata sa sobrang tuwa.. :P. And now, for the main feature.... Superman Returns!!!! :D.

Sa totoo lang, hindi ko na pinansin yung mga technical chuvanes ng film. All I wanted was to experience the 3D feature of the film. Aside from the fact na syempre excited din akong makita ulit si Superman and yung story na rin :). I have observed that:

1. It was more of a love story between Lois Lane and Superman than Superman being a superhero;
2. Inayusan talaga si Brandon Routh para maging kahawig man lang ni Christopher Reeve at pati ang boses ginaya na rin.
3. Nagpunta pala ng Manila si Superman, bakit hindi ko nabalitaan.. :P;
4. No confirmation that Jason is Superman's son;
5. Hanep ang 3D, the best!!!

In the end, sulit ung P350... :D.

After the movie, we had lunch/merienda at Sbarro.. my kuya bought a pair of pants... and then... parang hinihila ang mga paa ko na makauwi. We decided to take a cab and in less than an hour, nasa bahay na kami...

Sunday is a family day, indeed!

“The love of a family is life's greatest blessing”

No comments: