Thursday, January 25, 2007

Michelle M. Co

June, 1996 when we first met. But we never really got close until we became part of one barkada. A set of friends that went through happy and sad times. Her home in Singalong Manila was like a 2nd home to us. We spent countless overnights, christmas parties even a simple get-together in their home. 4 years of solid college barkadahan. When we graduated, I thought it would be the end of the closeness that we developed, fortunately, it was just a start of a stronger and better friendship.

I remember those times when we both searching for our first job. Wherever she goes, I go... wherever I go, she goes. We never found what we were looking for until we decided to part ways. She got her first job in November of 2000 while I got mine a month after. Since then, we seldom see each other. We became busy and excited with our new lives. Many thanks to email and cellphone that we still keep updated of each others new ventures.

In 2004, she moved to Makati... few months after I transferred to my second job. Special thanks to Instant Messaging, we were able to chat as often as we wanted. I could say we really got closer from this time on, we discussed about a lot of things... career, family, future, gimiks. There were times when she spent lunch with me in the office.

And last year, when I had the biggest turn-around of my life, she was there. Through my ups and downs, she was always there... someone that I could talk to... someone who listened... someone who supported me all the way... someone who bravely told me that I was not doing the right thing and yet she did not leave me.

October 3, 2006.... "Che, masama loob ko.. parang gusto kong umiyak... pede ba taung mag-lunch? Punta ako sa dyan sa inyo.. sabayan kita.. actually wala akong ganang kumain... kailangan ko lang ng kausap.. pede ka ba?" Mitch said, "Sure tara... sabay tau.. hmmm.. libre kita ng masarap na pasta."

It was such a memorable moment... she never hesitated to accompany me... took time out from her busy sked and sat beside me to listen.


Now that she's leaving to face new challenges in her life, all I can say is.... Goodluck, Che!!! I will surely miss you! Thanks for being a true friend..... I hope our friendship will grow each day.. though we're apart.... I know we will always be there for each other no matter what :) See you soon! :D




No comments: