Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Plan

One day at the office, while the team was having its monthly meeting, our Manager reviewed the planned vacation leaves of the members. I was asked if I wouldn't be taking any leaves this year. I said, "Since I won't be going home this Christmas, can I just take a leave on the 24th of Octobersince it's my mother's birthday and i'll just return on Sunday, 26th?" Without any hesitations, my boss agreed right away and even suggested to extend my leave until Monday since Tuesday was a National Holiday. Wow!!!! I got so excited that I called Kuya Marlon (my mentor from Tsukiden) before I left the office and asked for a big favor. I asked if he could book me a reservation at CebuPacific online and even used his credit card. And before the day's end, I've already got a ticket!!!! Woohoooo!!!!! Super thanks, Kuya Marlon!

And my countdown began......


What made me so excited in going home was the surprise party that I had planned for my nanay. She'd be celebrating her 60th birthday and I wanted it to be super special. I decided to spend it in a restaurant that caters such special occasion. I only had one place in my mind, Max's Restaurant. So, I immediately inquired online and got a reply from them in 4 days. After about 2 months of preparation and with the help of the following people:

1. Ghena Austero - she answered all my inquiries regarding the available packages
2. Jun Olavidez - contact person from the branch

3. Kuya - for being the "liaison officer" hehehehe....


the party was a success :)

You may check more of my nanay's birthday party here and my Manila Vacation here.

No comments: