Saturday, April 04, 2009

Before Bora

March 14

Arrival. Arrived at Terminal 2 a little past 4am with 3 heavy luggages. Had to pay 9 kilos of excess baggage back in SG but I guess, it was all worth it. Though, could have been better if I just put all those extra stuff in my Balikbayan Box weeks ago. Lesson-learnt #1 :)

My parents and kuya were there to pick me up and I was finally home in about an hour. And of course, before my kuya and tatay went for work that morning, I immediately gave away my pasalubongs which include 6 kilos of chocolates (the main reason why I had tons of excess baggage :P) and opened the Balikbayan Box which arrived a week earlier. Christmas in summertime :)

opening the Balikbayan Box :)


After fixing all the stuff, I slept for about 3 hours and woke up at lunchtime where I had a very delicious kare-kare cooked by my nanay. Served with home-cooked bagoong and ripe mangoes for dessert... yummmmmmyyyyy!!!!

At night, I texted my cousins to come over the next day for a simple get-together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
March 15

Reunion. I woke up at around 9am and my nanay was almost done cooking. Pansit Canton, Fried Chicken and Chopsuey are the menu for the day! (forget about the diet, I'm here to enjoy and live life to the fullest! :P)

My cousins (not all) and my Tita Poying (just arrived few weeks back from Saudi Arabia where she works as a nurse) were there.

Aleli, Aira, me, Tita Poying and Ate Apple

me and nanay

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
March 16-17

Shopping time. At SM North Edsa, Greenhills and SM Megamall. Bought 2 sets of bikinis for me and some blouses for nanay plus more goodies for our Boracay getaway :). Had lunch at Jollibee on the 16th and Sbarro on the 17th.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
March 18

Relax and Friends meet-ups.
Met my ePhil friends (the Docs team) at Glorietta and handed over to them my pasalubongs. Nanay had to accompany me that time 'coz I just couldn't bear to bring everything from Caloocan to Makati :)

I was supposed to meet my kumareng Tin-Tin at lunchtime but she was called for an emergency meeting and couldn't get out of the office. Good thing though, Jayjay was available to meet me and we had lunch together at Avenetto.

And just before my SPA appointment at The SPA Greenbelt, I dropped by at ePhil office (now Teloworks), to say hi to everybody : Mang Rudy, Mimi, Maidette and the rest. Had a short kumustahan moments with Mimi and Maidette but the most remarkable of all was the photo shoot I had with my kumare and kumpares with Bel and Gene:

Me, Rey and Olive

Gene, Sherwin, Me, Rey, Olive and Bel

lights, camera, emote!!!

At exactly 3:30 pm, I was already inside The Spa and getting myself ready for a well-deserved relaxation which I hadn't done in months! :) Sea Salt Body Scrub, Swedish Massage, Peppermint Foot Scrub and Aromafacial Massage... what more could I asked for? :) And while waiting in between services, I had several cups of Hot Ginger Tea and it was heaven!

Ended the session at 6:30pm but the day wasn't over yet. My former officemates, Buboy and Toti picked me up at Greenbelt and we headed toward The Driveway Bar which Buboy partly owns. It was dinner time with my Lawson buddies:

with Aloy, Frankie, Billy and Toti...

...Rachelle, Lia and Marnie

...Elogs, Giles and Buboy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
March 19

At home. I just stayed home and prepared my stuffs for our Bora trip tomorrow. Me and nanay had our finger and toenails cleaned by my suking manicurista and late in the afternoon, Greenwich Pizza was our merienda. Thanks to the delivery mistake that they committed 'coz we got 3 spaghetti for free hehehehe.. :) And it seems that I still had a lot of room in my tummy that I even ate dinner... rice + pinakbet bwehehehehehehe!!!!

No comments: