Sunday, December 09, 2007

Lawson Christmas Party

"Music Genre" is the theme of this year's Lawson Christmas Party. It was a month ago when the committee announced the groupings and their respective music genres. As for the Shared Services and Tools Development teams, we got the Reggae together with 2 other groups. This means that we will be attending the party in Reggae outfits. Also, there is a music video-making contest wherein the groups have to create a music video based on their genres which will be presented on the night of the party.

Anyways, I wasn't really excited for the party, though I wouldn't want to miss my first Christmas party here. I never planned to wear a Reggae outfit since I didn't have one and I didn't want to buy a clothing that I will only use once. Wasn't really worried about the costume thingy until an officemate of mine asked me what I would wear in the party. I said, maybe I'll just buy a cap/bonnet that has a Reggae touch. Then she gave me this link wherein I could get some ideas for the costume. And when I first saw this top, oh my gawd... I wanted to buy it right then and there. I fell in love with it instantly!!!!



Together with Arcy, I went to Glorietta, SM and Landmark to look for a top similar to this. We found some shops that sell Rasta accessories but unfortunately, no women tops :( A salesman from Landmark told us that there is a Bob Marley shop in Ali Mall Cubao and we might find there what we were looking for. The following night, I went to Cubao to look for that shop. But then again, I did not find such store huhuhuhuhu.... That's when I decided to go for my plan B, just buy a batik top in SM. I went to SM North Edsa and found this batik sleeveless top in the Department Store.

Saturday, December 8. The party was held in The Blue Leaf Pavilion in Mckinley Hill. But before going to the party, I met Toti, Arcy and Grace in the office. Some pictures before the party :)




PARTY TIME!!! :)






best shot of the night :)

It wasn't my lucky night, though. Did not get any prizes from the raffle. Lucky those 30??? who were picked from 600 Lawson peeps. Some of the major prizes were MacBook, PSP, Entertainment Showcase, Kitchen Showcase.

The party ended before 12 midnight but the night wasn't over yet. Some of us decided to continue the fun in Malate.

Off to Malate :)

Billy, Giles, Toti, Arcy, Franz, Frankie, Girlie, Ella, Jule and I went straight to Bedrock, Malate. It was my first gimik night with my Lawson buddies and it was fun indeed!!!! After about 4 hours of drinking, chatting, and of course dancing... we moved to Starbucks just across Bedrock to get some coffee. Mine was Espresso and I promised that I wouldn't drink the same again. Why? Because I did not get enough sleep today despite being awake the whole night, aarggghhh!!!! 2 hours of sleep this morning and another 2 in the afternoon.... at nagawa pang mag-balot ng mga regalo huh!



Guys, ulitin natin 'to! :)

* thanks to toti and franz for the additional pics

No comments: